Terms and conditions for local MOE school bookings to Science Centre Singapore:
Note: For overseas bookings, terms and conditions will be sent to you separately.
Please pay attention to our cancellation and amendment policy in point (2).
1.Admission and Admission Fee*
- Local Preschools and MOE primary to tertiary schools in Singapore, enjoy complimentary admission to Science Centre.
- Additional admission to Science Centre fee applies to International Schools (locally based) who are not Associate members.
|International school groups in uniform|
|Age\No.of Students||For 20 students & above
Free admission for 2 teachers per group of 20
students. Additional teacher: $5
- Payment for the classes should be made at the Ticketing Counter if paying by cash or cheque. If you wish to have your school billed later, an invoice will be given to you at the Ticketing Counter.
- Upon arrival, please approach the ticketing counter. Please present your confirmation letter and your Institutional Member card (if applicable).
2.Cancellation and Amendments
- Cancellations and Amendments can be done online via the online booking portal (https://obs.science.edu.sg)
- Cancellation have to be done online at least 30 calendar days before your arrival date to avoid any penalty charges.
- Amendments have to be done online at least 10 working days before your arrival date for the changes to take effect.
- A penalty charge will apply for any cancellation within 30 calendar days of scheduled booked date, no show, or if the class is late for more than 30 mins without notification. or if the number of students in the class falls below the minimum number stipulated for the class.
- The amount of penalty charges are as follows:
- for paid programmes, equal to the course fee for number of people booked
- for free programmes offered in the form of hands-on workshop, equal to $100 including GST, multiplied by the number of classes cancelled
- for free programmes offered in the form of lecture or lecture demonstration, equal to $150 including GST
- All bookings received will indicate that participants have agreed to the cancellation policy.
- Within 30 calendar days of the scheduled booking date:
- Cancellations will be treated as a no-show and charged accordingly
- Within 10 working days of the scheduled booking date:
- No more amendments to the date or number of students will be allowed.
- The course fee charged will be for the booked number, even if there are fewer students on that day.
- If there are more students on that day, an updated invoice will be issued for the course fee and admission fee (if applicable).
3.No-shows and Punctuality
- If a class does not show up during their scheduled booking, it will be treated as a no-show. There will be a penalty charge as indicated in point (2) above.
- If the number of students in the class falls below the minimum required number, a penalty charge of $100 including GST (for free programmes offered in the form of a hands-on workshop), or $150 including GST (for free programmes offered in the form of a lecture) will be imposed.
- If a class is late for more than 30 minutes without notification, the class will be automatically cancelled and treated as a no-show.
- Should a class arrive late for a programme, the Science Centre may, at its discretion, grant an extension of time for the completion of the programme, or modify/omit programme segments to ensure that the programme finishes within the allocated time slot.
- Should unforeseen circumstances result in the Science Centre starting the programme late, the entirety of the programme will be delivered.
- The minimum number of students per class is 20 for hands on programs and 80 for lectures unless otherwise stated.
- The maximum number of students per class is 40 for hands on workshops, unless otherwise stated.
- For class sizes of CRADLE programmes, please refer to our website for more details.
5.Etiquette and Lab Safety
- The teacher is strongly recommended to stay in the class during the lesson and assist in classroom management.
- Teachers should ensure that students follow lab safety rules. In the event that the students are too rowdy or if there is a breach in safety rules, we reserve the right to stop the class.
- To ensure a fulfilling and enriching experience, interruptions during lesson time is strongly discouraged. To minimise interruption, there will not be a toilet break for the students while the programme is in progress. Please ensure that the students visit the restroom prior to the start of the lesson.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Science Centre Singapore